Jonathan Spencer has dealt with an extraordinarily wide range of vessels, from LNG-powered ships to a wooden kelp-harvester. On a typical day in the office, he might be dealing with a chemical tanker that has been seized for ransom by Somali pirates to a tug that has grounded its barge up the Hudson River.
Clients range from operators of hundreds of vessels with a cumulative insured value in the billions to singleton operators. Geographically, they are widely spread over the greater New York region and the rest of the United States, Mexico and Latin America, Europe and Asia.
From the very beginning of his career in the 1970's, Jonathan developed an understanding of the requirements of the Owners he was dealing with, whether it was the risk manager of a multinational with her accounting department breathing down her neck or the owner of a single tug whose livelihood hung on the successful outcome of a claim.
The range of expertise available is described on our Claims handled page.
The hallmarks of our approach include:
- early identification of coverage issues
- assessing whether the claim is a candidate for progress funding by Underwriters
- proactive assembly of the information and documents required for the full claim presentation
- methodical follow-up of Owners and Surveyors to minimize delays in the claim process
- prompt completion of the final adjustment once all elements are assembled
Remember, too, that, you can separate your average adjusting from your broking service provider. A mega broker might do a bang-up job of placing your insurance but not be proactive on claims. Come to us.
Cash flow is key to any Owner, whatever the size of the operation, and awareness of our impact on cash flow underlies our conduct of every file.