Average Adjusting Services to Insurers
1. Specialist opinions: How often have you turned to an attorney for an opinion on coverage and quantum only to find that your Insured interprets this as an adversarial gesture? He then appoints his own attorney and at best a client is lost and at worst a claim for which you had every intention of finding a solution ends up in litigation.
We offer a non-confrontational, non-adversarial alternative, acting as an added resource in your claims-handling system. You can come to us for opinions on coverage and quantum: whether a claim is covered, how the policy would be interpreted under standard market custom and practice and how much should be paid. Our average adjusters can, with your authorization, recommend appropriate levels of settlement.
2. As a service to your Assured, you can appoint us to assist them in formulating their claim. We will then proceed as if the Assured themselves had appointed us, as described in our 'For Owners' page.
3. Casualty management: We have an extensive panel of cargo and hull surveyors throughout North America and Latin America. Jonathan Spencer speaks fluent Spanish. We are uniquely qualified to put together an efficient cost-effective team to deal not only with major casualties but also smaller problems where the expense of sending experts from the US would not be warranted.
4. Average agency: We deploy our panel of cargo and hull surveyors, identifying the optimal service provider on a case by case basis, to provide a peerless response to claims of any magnitude.
5. Arbitration: Why not include an arbitration clause in your policies to overcome difficulties of jurisdiction, interpretation and applicable law? We can act as arbitrators and conciliators in the search for an equitable solution to policy controversies.
6. Adjusting services: We can back up your own staff during vacation periods or when you are short-handed, on an as needed basis.